5

C H e M i s T r Y...

Posted by happynuts on 10:58 AM in , ,





Oh god!!! I really really hate this subject called CHEMISTRY!!!

I think you also do, right?

I think its till 10th that i loved this subject, may be its cos we were dealing with simple & fundamental things like preparation of soaps, hydrocarbons, acid rain, ddt etc... Its in 11th & 12th that i started hating this subject like HELL. Its these chemistry periods that i hated the most, i would just sit and look at my watch trying to fly away the 40 long long mins. My chemistry class note really looks like a ROUGH BOOK, all scribblings mostly done not by me but by EBIN, we used 2 play BINGO, draw our Chemistry Dracula's pics, anything & everything that will eat away our chemistry period. Luckily i had a good chemistry tuition sir, its cos of him that i had lil bit of love for this subject & get away with somewhat good marks.

Chemistry lab periods were time to have total fun. Yeah of course there were some bad times also, but these things are complementary. Its the place where i dreamed of discovering great chemicals & all lol... Wearing the knee length lab coat was the thing i hated the most in lab! later i cropped it to my own design ;). The cat-ion & an-ion tests on different salts was something that i hated the most. Always repeating the same experiments again & again, this was something boring. Then i found a solution, i discovered that me, Indu & Archana used to get the same salts. So my job became easy, confirm whether my salt & their salts are same. But sometimes, very rarely, they also find it to hard to confirm the salt. Then i have to sit & do all the experiment!!! This free time i create in lab is dedicated to experiments i do on different chemicals, once i just mixed all the remaining contents of confirmation test into one beaker & poured some conc. h2so4. The whole room got filled with the smoke which came from beaker, thank god! Deepa mam was not there else " Sankaran would have climbed the coconut tree". Once, while doing the experiment a stupid idea stuck my mind. What if the world ends tomorrow? I have to do something for the new world so that they dont havta burn their brains in discovering the salts. So i wrote the whole salt tests in a bunch of paper, wrote my name, year etc... & placed it deep inside the wooden box where acids are kept. Thinking that it will be discovered by the new human beings who will inhibit the earth, after the end of ours!!! But soon after we passed out of school, whole lab got modernised. :( There are many more incidents like this, but i bet you i have not broken a single test tube in chemistry lab, ofcourse i have broken some in bio lab!!!

But guys, chemistry is not so bad as u think. Its the way we deal & look at the subject. Once we change our attitude towards the subject, it becomes a piece of cake. I realised this fact now only. Now i really really love this subject. Above all i apologize to my chemistry teacher MS. Deepa for hating her, playing pranks on her & for coming out with new new nick names for her. I am really sorry mam...

|

5 Comments


haha....gud old days......neva knew u hated this sub soooooooo much....woteva ....u played pranks on Deepa ma'm?...ha...haven got the least idea bout tat....make t ur next blog topic boy!...
Gud luck..


I loved chemistry, even in 11th and 12th. However engg. chemistry left a really bad taste with me. You're right, chemistry does need a different approach and I'm well versed in it, thanks to my chemistry teachers. However my least favorite subject during +2 was Math.... ugh, the humanity!


da u pple did so mach pranks?......uhhh i neva knw u wr dis naughty heheheeeee....anywas it seems interestin.....& hooo nostalgia hounds ma.....miss u guys a lot & our chemistry lab also....


To Indu
but now i luv chemistry & Deepa mam very much.
Abt d pranks dont expect it in d blog... u can read it my book... ;)


To Simil
My aim was 2 bring a nostalgic feeling. I really miss my school life. Yeah at times i was very naughty. You really dont remeber the wacky stuffs i hav done in school???
Ok... may be i'll post abt it in my upcoming blogs...

Copyright © 2009 LiFe Is a CeLeBr@tioN... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.